Fig and Caramel Overnight Oats ( Gluten & Dairy Free)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune system.
- 1/2 of gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of cardamom
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 tsps of smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 fig
How to make it:
1. In a bowl mix together the oats, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and ground cardamom. Then add the almond milk and maple syrup and stir all the ingredients together. If you are having these oats to-go the next morning, transfer into a mason jar or portable container.
2. In a separate little bowl mix together the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. If you just want to mix in the “caramel” rather than have “caramel” chunks, add it to the oats now. If not, cover and refrigerate mix the “caramel” and the overnight oats. Refrigerate the “caramel” so that it hardens and can stay firm in chunks lager on.
3. In the morning, scoop ¼ tsp size chunks of “caramel” out of the bowl and lightly spoon them into the oats, distributing them evenly throughout the overnight oats mixture.
4. Roughly dice the fig and put it over the top of the oats. Serve immediately or save it for later in the day.