Delicious Vegan Banana, Pistachio & Strawberry – Healthy Ice Cream
Would you like to try something refreshing on a hot summer day? This yummy desert makes a delicious dairy-free alternative to ice cream. Super easy to make, it easily satisfies a sweet tooth, without being cram packed with unnecessary sugars.
Banana & Pistachio Ice Cream with Strawberry Drizzle (Vegan & GF)
Ingredients for Ice cream
- 5 bananas, peeled, roughly chopped & frozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 tblsp of chia seeds
- 10 tsp of almond milk
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
Ingredients for strawberry drizzle
- 2 cups of strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- Strawberries, finely sliced
- Coconut chips
- Pistachio nuts
How to make Vegan Banana, Pistachio & Strawberry – Healthy Ice Cream
1. Place the frozen bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, pistachio nuts and chia seeds into a food processor/blender, and whizz up until the consistency turns like ice-cream. This will taken around 3-4 minutes. If its too thick, just add more almond milk until its smooth enough!
2. To make the drizzle. Place the strawberries, water & maple syrup into a saucepan on the hob, and gently heat until the strawberries become soft.
3. Transfer the soft strawberries into a food blender and blend until smooth. Place back into the pan and turn up the heat until it reduces down.
4. Once its prepared, place into a bowl or container and place into the fridge to slightly thicken & keep cool.
5. Now heres the fun part....making your ice-cream ! Decorate it with some sliced strawberries, pistachios, coconut chips for a nice touch!
See you at our classes!
Source : avogel.co.uk